Ann is active with the North Carolina Advocates for Justice (NCAJ), where she served on the Board of Governors. She has taught as a faculty member of NCAJ’s Capital College and several National Institute for Trial Advocacy programs and coached a high school mock trial team from 2002-2006. Ann has prepared amicus briefs on behalf of the North Carolina ACLU and NCAJ. She is a member of the North Carolina Bar Association, the American Association for Justice, the league of American Bicyclists, Charlotte Area Bicycle Association and other bicycle advocacy organizations.
Along with Peter Wilborn, Ann is also part of bikelaw, which is dedicated to promoting and protecting the rights of cyclists in the Carolinas, and beyond. Ann and Peter are advocates for bicycle safety, and stand up for cyclists’ rights on the roads and in court.
When she is not working, Ann loves to be riding any kind of bicycle.
Read about Ann’s recent activities on our blog.
Connect with Ann:
Areas of Practice:
- Civil Litigation and Trials
- Serious Personal Injury
- Bicycle Accidents
- Tulane Law School, New Orleans, Louisiana, 1994
Honors: Cum Laude
Honors: Order of the Coif
Honors: Grant Recipient, Public Interest Law Foundation
Law Journal: Tulane Environmental Law, Editor
- Michigan State University Honors: With Honors Major: B.S. Engineering Arts
- Capital College North Carolina Academy of Trial Lawyers – Felony Defender Training Program, Institute of Government
- Faculty Member, NCTA Trial Training – Practical Skills, NCBA
- National Institute of Trial Advocacy
- Mass Torts CLE – Bicycles – 2009
- Regular presentations to bicycle groups about safety and protecting cyclists’ rights on the road
Professional Associations and Memberships:
- North Carolina Advocates for Justice
- Board of Governors, past member
- Employment Section, past Chair
- Criminal Section
- North Carolina Bar Association, Member, Past Chair – Employment CLE
- Charlotte Area Bicycle Association, Member
- League of American Bicyclists, Member
- American Association for Justice, Member
- Federal Bar Association, North Carolina Western District Chapter, Member
Pro Bono Activities:
- Coach, High School Mock Trial Team, 2002 – 2006
- Charlotte Area Bicycle Association, 2007 – Present